- Elective Fee:
Seek to Reach Every Nation
Our Cultural Encounter DTS is for those who love to celebrate diversity and experience cultures outside of their own.
Dive Deep into Other Cultures
You’ll learn the basics of engaging with other cultures and religions, seek the heart of God for the nations He’s made, examine the call to global missions that’s woven throughout the whole Bible and how to contextualize the Gospel to be able to share it anywhere. We’ll unpack all that with one another over some tasty meals and delicious espresso. We’ll also learn how hospitality opens doors for the gospel and explore cross-cultural cuisine as we minister overseas.
Discover just how far God’s love can reach, how delightful and diverse creation is and your personal role to play.
- Biblical basis for missions
- Learning to love and appreciate other cultures
- God’s call to missions
- Understanding the global need for the gospel
- Hospitality and the gospel
- Cultural traditions in food
You’ll take the next eight-weeks to engage the nations with the Gospel. You and your team will meet both practical and spiritual needs as you share Jesus in a strategic overseas location. Recent DTS YWAM teams have ministered in India, South Africa, Ukraine, and Egypt. Locations vary and the possibilities are endless.
Real Life Change
The first twelve-weeks of a YWAM DTS are saturated with life-changing teaching and discipleship. And that’s just the beginning! Learning extends beyond the classroom as you’re immersed in our missionary community.
- Kick off each day with personal time with Jesus.
- Encounter God’s heart for the nations and the global need for the Gospel.
- Explore strategies to effectively minister cross-culturally and share the Gospel with people who practice other religions.
- Discover your giftings in action as you minister with us in our city.
- Follow Jesus in a way that’s gritty and authentic as you live out the truth you’re learning alongside like-minded people.
- Forge lasting friendships through a community environment and small group accountability.
- Expand your concept of who God is as we pursue Him together in worship and prayer.
What people say
"DTS changed my view of God. I didn't understand how personal He was, but God showed me that He wanted to be involved in every part of my life."
“In India I stepped out and shared my life story with a family and the father ended up giving his life to Christ.”
“On my DTS outreach God showed me the importance of taking advantage of every ministry opportunity He gives me, no matter where I am…whether here in a park in Louisville or in the townships of South Africa. He will always use our obedience.”
"During my DTS outreach I felt prompted to tell “Ashley” that God was her loving father. I obeyed and was surprised when she started crying and said this was exactly what she needed to hear in that moment. I am still amazed when God uses me."
Cultural Encounter FAQs
All of our DTSs will come together for regular classtime, as well as worship, intercession, small group, and other elements of training. The Cultural Encounter DTS offers additional content designed to solidify your understanding of the biblical basis for missions and steps you can take to pursue long-term ministry.
We typically wait until our whole DTS is assembled before we finalize outreach locations for each quarter. That enables us to know firsthand the giftings and interests of our students. But wherever your team goes, you will definitely have opportunity to put into practice what you’ve learned.
Yes, the elective fee is $110.
Are You Called to Missions?
Discover God’s goodness and celebrating His excellence through finding where His creativity is displayed around the world.