The School of Ministry Development is no-nonsense training for those who are serious about pursuing a lifestyle of ministry. We consider it the second half of DTS: you’ll pick up right where you left off, continuing to let Jesus shape your heart while learning to minister like he did.
Our goal is that you’ll leave SOMD with a toolbox full of tools to make you effective in ministry, no matter where God calls you.
- Understand Jesus’ strategy to reach the world through discipleship
- Develop your communication skills.
- Learn how to build a financial support team.
- Dream with God about your life’s calling and start fleshing out a strategy to reach your goals.
- Learn to minister to people’s deepest needs.
- Discover how God has uniquely shaped you in your giftings, personality, and passions.
- Receive solid teaching that will help you stay strong in ministry for the long haul.
Glean valuable lessons as seasoned leaders impart to you in class. Then put those principles into practice as you take on leadership roles from day one of SOMD. From leading local ministry and small group to facilitating team projects or intercession times, in many ways we’ll treat you like our YWAM staff, forcing you to stretch your potential as you take on greater responsibility.
You won’t just study principles of cross-cultural ministry – you’ll minister cross-culturally. You won’t just learn theories of godly leadership – you’ll lead teams and projects. You won’t just take notes on ways to minister to someone who’s hurting – you’ll see God move as you minister. And you’ll do all of this within our missionary community, encouraging one another towards the Lord and towards our goals.
March 31, 2019 – August 24, 2019
September 23, 2019 – February 29, 2020
Open to those who have successfully completed a YWAM Discipleship Training School.
- $3390 tuition
- Fall SOMD: +$295 for a week-long conference
- Spring SOMD: +$195 for a week-long conference
- Outreach cost: TBA (depends on location)
More Training Opportunities
Get equipped for your calling. Round out your YWAM training with a School of Ministry Development. Contact us for details.