YWAM DTS Youth With A Mission Louisville

Megan’s Story: What I’ve Learned

Before I decided to do a DTS I had been on a handful of mission trips. There was one in particular I had just come back from and I knew I was called to go somewhere longer than a week. After talking to a friend who gave me a few ideas, I searched online and found YWAM. I’d been in college studying occupational therapy, but the timing worked out perfectly for me to be able to take time off. I knew this was where I was supposed to be, so I never had a second thought about coming. The hardest thing was having to leave my friends and family behind, but they were very supportive. Though leaving family and friends was bittersweet, as soon as I got here I felt right at home, like I didn’t skip a beat!

One day during worship, I had been praying for something specific about myself when my friend, Hannah, came and repeated everything I had been praying. I was asking God what vulnerability looks like for me. The song we were singing said that God doesn’t give His heart in pieces, and I realized that I had been giving my heart in pieces. This was a breaking point for me.

What have I learned since being here?

What haven’t I learned, really?

I’ve learned a lot about myself and my relationship with the Lord.

I’ve learned how to be more vulnerable.

How to hear the Lord’s voice and what it sounds like for me.

I’ve learned a lot about the nations and how to intercede for them.

I’ve learned,

God is love.

I’ve learned about how He values things and that no one is more valuable than anyone else.

I’ve learned there’s nothing I can do to change God’s love for me. I can’t earn God’s love.

I’ve learned so much my brain could explode. I just want to tell everyone. It’s been a humbling experience that’s pushed me out of my comfort zone and has challenged me in positive ways.

11 comments on “Megan’s Story: What I’ve Learned

1. Uncle Eric said on

Such a wonderful testament of your true heart and growth. So proud of you! Continue reaching for your dreams.

2. Julie Strickland said on

Megan you have a servant’s heart and a beautiful spirit . You have ALWAYS witnessed to me. I love you and continue to pray for you and your YWAM family .
    Miss you !

3. Julie Strickland said on

Megan you have always had a servant’s heart and a beautiful spirit . You witness to me in so many ways . I love you and am SO proud of you . I continue to pray for you and your new YWAM family .

4. YOUR DADDY said on

You definitely have a heart for the Lord..
    Your such a caring and giving young lady who always gives and witnesses to more people than you will ever know and to some who don’t realize it yet. Ive been praying and will continue praying for you and for the Lord to guide you and keep you safe.
    MISS & LOVE YOU THE MOST IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!!

5. Halimah Hasan said on

A beautiful young lady you are inside and out Megan your mission for God will not go unnotice I miss that beautiful smile but seeing what you love to do makes me happy and proud of you . Looking forward into seeing you soon

6. Robin said on

Meg you are such an amazing young lady. You have a special place in my heart. I love to hear of what God is doing in your life. I love you so much!
    💚 4 Missions.

7. Gary said on

Megan I’m so proud of you. All I can say is I love you. Megan always have an open heart to hear God’s word you are so beautiful inside and out. Our church will definitely be praying for you.

8. Donna Strickland said on

Megan we are so proud of you. We know your heart is full of love for your family and friends. Just knowing that God is number one in your life there’s nothing you can’t accomplish. We wish only the best for your future.

We Love You
    Uncle Wayne & Aunt Donna

9. Amanda said on

What a beautiful story, Megan! I feel like I know you through your sweet moma! I would love to meet you one day! It’s obvious God has big plans for you! Sending lots of love and prayers your way!

Amanda

10. Wayne & Pam said on

We Are So HAPPY for You, That You Have Found a Fit at YWAM & Made So Many New Friends,To Go On Your Travels with You. PEACE & HARMONY On Your Journeys. LOVE &MISS YOU MUCH.
    Wayne & Pam